Love Your Library, vol. 9


March: What's in Your Library? Now that you're organized, let's take a closer look at it. How many patterns do you have? What is your library composed of? Books? Magazines? Single pdf's? What is your weakness in terms of acquiring new patterns?


I've already analyzed one major source of my pattern-collecting, magazines, last month. But what I haven't really taken a close look at is that pesky "single patterns" category. Honestly, I would have never guessed that I was up to 228 single patterns alone! I blame the recent trend on Ravelry of limited time free pattern downloads ... it motivates me to add a pattern to my library simply because I want the freebie while it's free, and because it's free I'm not as picky regarding whether I will actually knit it or not. While I do have a large number of books, my acquisition of them has slowed since my weekly knit night group no longer meets in a Barnes and Noble! Browsing usually leads to purchases for me, if you can't tell! So I'm not so worried about books. I would love to be able to say that I've knit at least one thing from every book I own, so that could be a future long-term goal to work towards.

What are you knitting from your library this month? I ended up deciding to work on Palessie, another cowl pattern that I've had in my library since last year ... it's lacy and lovely and uses one skein of sock yarn. I have high hopes for this pattern, since it could be a great way to use up the one skein fingering weight yarns that I feel are too "special" for socks! We shall see ...


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have a lot of single patterns, too- but I have to admit I don't actually always buy them with the intention of knitting them. Sometimes I buy them just to throw some support and encouragement around, so sometimes I know I'll never make it, but for a few bucks, I'm happy to show support to another designer. But there are definitely patterns i bought that I was SO SURE I was going to knit... and then never did. Yikes.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...