knit your library, vol. 3


I'm about half-way done with the blanket I'd started after finishing the two I posted last week. This time I'm using the "multiple stitch" edging pattern from p. 149 of The Needlecraft Book. I'm really loving this one, and the side benefit of this one is it is getting me to finally memorize the different crochet stitches since you rotate through them all! Literally it goes like this: sc, hdc, dc, 3 treble crochet in same stitch, then dc, hdc, sc, and slip stitch. Phew! I feel like a "real crocheter" now that I'm learning them and don't have to look them up every single time. :-D

I should be done with this blanket, but two projects are distracting me. First, this cute santa ornament!! It's a free pattern, and I can now I say I can crochet in a circle! Granny squares here I come! LOL. It's for an ornament swap I'm in, so you'll see me bust out another big batch of these since we send an ornament a month throughout the year. Should be fun.

Pattern: Santa (link to my Ravelry project page)
Hook: Size G (4.0 mm)
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Oyster Heather for the face, Knit Picks Swish Worsted for the hat, Caron Simply Soft for the beard.
Mods: Used hdc for the hat to make it taller, then chained 6ish and hdc in each chain to make the tail of the hat. Used 6 mm safety eyes and glued on pom poms for nose/hat.

  


And last but not least, I'm starting a new test knit, this time it's a cowl with reversible cables using Malabrigo worsted in the fuscia colorway. Yum!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*squeee* That little Santa is soooo cute!!!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...