first sweater of 2018




Not my first finished knit of 2018, but my second! This is my first in my overly-ambitious goal of knitting 12 sweaters this year. One down, eleven to go. This sweater knit up fast, but my progress was also enabled by a three-day weekend that turned into a five-day weekend thanks to two local snow days! Woo! I was also knitting faster since I was anxious I wouldn't have enough yarn at first--but my fears were for naught, as this project only took 3.5 skeins of Sanguine Gryphon Traveller (a DK weight yarn). This was dipping into some of my precious stash, as Sanguine Gryphon yarn is no longer available to purchase. As luck would have it, I had four skeins that varied widely. But with the reverse stockinette you can't even tell. Normally I'm not a fan of knitting sweaters bottom up, but this one knit so quickly and fits so comfortably I'm sure I'll be knitting this pattern again and again. This sweater is going to become the sweatshirt I reach for every time! 991 yards used out of my stash.

Pattern: The Weekender, by Andrea Mowry (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Sanguine Gryphon Traveller (colorway: In a Lonely Place, used 3.5 skeins)
Needles: Size 9 for body, size 8 for ribbing
Mods: None!

3 comments:

Julie said...

it's so beautiful, like a Monet painting!! t looks amazing on you.

Emily said...

Thank you so much, Julie!

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...