hitting snooze on my sweater



So I'm running out of yarn. Again. This sweater is turning into the big purple yarn eater. Now, I know that I created this yarn eating monster by adding a significant amount of length the body. The original pattern is cropped--but I'm just not a cropped sweater kind of girl. I measured my smallest favorite cardigan and the body length was 12 inches from under the armpit. This pattern calls for only 8 inches. Sooooo ... I added four inches of length to the body. And I loooooove it. But I'm ready to finish! So I've temporarily hit "snooze" while I wait for the extra skein of yarn to arrive. I'm tempted to finish off the remaining yarn I have, but .... common sense tells me the new yarn will be different and I'll want the option to alternate skeins. So I'm forcing myself to be patient.

In the meantime ... my crochet hook is calling me! This is an old WIP I started in December, my seventh time making Moogly's Artfully Simply Infinity Scarf. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy in the colorway Ruby River.




No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...