Friday, December 30, 2011

holiday wrap-up: scrap happy

I finished the placemats! I may have been hand-stitching the two-inch hole I used to turn them right-side-out the night before our first holiday gathering, but that's done in plenty of time, right? I ended up not top-stitching them because I wasn't super careful about squaring them up prior to sewing them together, and a few are a tiny bit wonky. I thought top-stitching would only draw attention to the minor imperfections. So voila! I love how cheerful they are ... it'll be hard to put these away for next year!


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Those look absolutely lovely! I cannot even tell they are handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative!
    I wish you and yours a Happy New Year :0)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! I wish I could sew... I am always so jealous of such pretty projects!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Here's a thought. Next time, use Christmas for one side and a Summer theme for the other. Or Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall themes back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for finished-in-time placemats! Especially ones in fabrics as amazing as the ones you chose, they're so wonderfully festive and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, everyone! I love the idea to do a winter/spring or summer/fall! But then again, these are so easy, it's fun to make a bunch of them! :)

    ReplyDelete