quick valentine's day bookmark


The lace heart bookmark is off my improvised blocking board and already in use! This was the first project I'd ever really blocked, and I'm won over .... I'd avoided blocking before because it seemed like a pain, but now I see how magical it is. Before blocking, this bookmark curled at the between the garter stitch border and the stockinette sections. After blocking? Flat, even, smooth ... ahh.

Pattern: Lace Heart Bookmark (pattern website, Ravelry project page)
Needles: Size 2 
Yarn: Red Heart Crochet Thread

Next time I'll use lace weight to make for an even thinner bookmark!

3 comments:

Ali said...

This is so pretty. I think I'm going to have to make myself at least one. Have a lovely weekend.
Ali x

Jazz said...

Amazing bookmark!

Sam said...

Such a pretty bookmark. I'm a firm believer in blocking - it seems to add the finishing touch to an already beautiful project

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...