koolhaas

My first finished object of 2014! I'm excited because it helps me make progress toward several of my knitting resolutions for this year! First, this is one of the many WIPs I was hoping to finish this year. I'm not completely certain, but I'm pretty sure I cast on for this hat sometime during the summer of 2012 .... that's right, this project is coming up on two years old this year. I had completed the ribbing and rounds 1-5 of the pattern, so maybe 2ish inches were done when I picked this up last Thursday. Since I didn't use a round marker, I got a little confused as to where to start crossing the cables for the first few rounds but after that it became pretty intuitive. It was surprisingly fast to knit, despite the fact that I did use a cable needle on this one (you cable/move stitches every other row, basically). I finished this up on Saturday! And I loooove it and will definitely be making more. This would be a great gift pattern, I think. So this used up almost one skein of my Malabrigo stash, used a pattern I've owned in my library forever, and moves a WIP to FO territory! That's all three of my 2014 resolutions, folks! Can you tell I'm over the moon?

Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn:  Malabrigo Merino Worsted (lost the tag, not sure on specific colorway; used about .75 of the skein)
Needles: Size 8 Knit Picks Harmony's
Modifications: None!  


Perfect timing to wear this while braving our below normal freezing temps!

2 comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...