baby knits!


I love knitting for babies. So fast. So cute! I whipped up these two projects over the last week or so, and are headed off to one of my expecting knitting friends. Long-time readers might recognize the hat pattern, it's Luuk, a free pattern I made as a charity knit about this time last year. This is the first wool soaker I've ever made--this one is knit flat and seamed. A fun, easy, and relaxing knit!

Pattern: Luuk, newborn size (link to Ravelry project page)
Needles: Size 8's
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing (colorway: Mauna Loa, but I manipulated it by skipping the ugly bits for the more girlish purple sections)
Mods: None! Used the small bobble instructions. 

Pattern: Adaptation (a freebie! link to Ravelry project page)
Needles: Size 5s for ribbing, Size 7s for garter
Yarn: Cascade 220 (used approx. 1/3 of a skein)
Mods: None! Will be adding this to my regular baby gift-knitting repertoire!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I adore baby knitting, like you said, so quick! Cute hat and soaker. Must bookmark that hat, since I have 3 babies to knit for this year.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...