unicorn in a day

After my frustrations with my Multnomah shawlette and false start making a starfish spa cloth, I needed an immediate win. Rebecca Danger's 50 Yards of Fun to the rescue! Now I will be the first to admit that the body shape of this unicorn is a bit ... nontraditional. It reminds me of a "splat the cat" version of a unicorn! But my daughter loved it immediately upon first sight. And it was literally finished in one day. More like one morning, if I hadn't been interrupted so many times mid-progress. Total win in my book! You'll probably see more of these in the future as the "baby unicorn" needs some friends, according to my daughter ...


Pattern: Undersized unicorn by Rebecca Danger (link to my Ravelry project page)
Needles: Size 5 Knit Picks Harmony interchangeables, plus DPNs
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Worsted (white, less than 1/2 skein), Knit Picks Swish Worsted (Lotus, used 5 yards max), Horn made with a yard or so of Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton
Mods: Did a three-needle bindoff at the back end of the unicorn instead of kitchenering. Love this pattern! Fun, fast! Love the shape of the ears and the little details! Didn't need to insert a pipe cleaner to keep the horn standing up.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Suuuuper cute! Instant satisfaction is always a boost when you find yourself in a slump. Hope your other projects turn around.

Michelle said...

I love him and demand one of my own!

The splayed out legs are more hilarious to me than they probably should be.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...