test knit: funky frank loop




A finish to officially end my doldrums! This is the test knit I've been working on this month for designer Ela Torrente--- what a great pattern it turned out to be! Two skeins of Malabrigo worsted (yum!), awesome slipped stitch cables (swoon!), and the pattern teaches you how cross these simple cables without a cable needle (wahoo!). It forced me to officially learn how to purl through the back loop, and a lot of knitting into the second stitch instead of the first stitch on your left hand needle to reverse the stitch order. Easier than it sounds, I promise! 

Pattern: Funky Frank Loop (link to designer's project page)
Needles: size 8s
Yarn: two skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in the Hollyhock colorway
Mods: I knit three more cable repeats than the pattern originally called for to better use the entirety of my two skeins. It also bought me an additional six-ish inches of length to make for a roomier double-wrap.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, gorgeous! That looks so luxuriously warm, and I am so deeply in love with that color. Beautiful knitting.

Emily said...

Thanks! I looove Malabrigo and this stitch pattern is perfect for a kettle-dye yarn!

Anonymous said...

This looks super comfy cozy! I love the slipped stitch cables. So pretty :)

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...