catch up!

It's always around this time in the semester that I catch something. And you can tell because I disappear from this space! I'm on the mend from whatever cold-head-sinus thing I had this time, so here's a little of what had been finished since my last post in January!

First up, a bit of stashbustin' and charity crafting--I just finished 10 crocheted beanie hats for newborns that my local knitting guild will be donating to our local hospital this year. This was super satisfying on several fronts--it's one of those patterns that is super fast and I used up two skeins of Hobby Lobby Baby Bee yarn that had been sitting in my stash forever with no end in sight. That's 754 yards out of my stash! Yippee! I held yarn double since the pattern (basic beanie, a freebie!) calls for worsted weight. Baby Bee seriously felt like fingering weight yarn to me (maybe sport weight at best!). I was shocked to see that it is listed in Ravelry as a DK weight yarn. More details on my Ravelry project page.


And my other big finish was the cowl pattern I was test knitting for Jennifer Weissman, the betangled cowl. Oh, how I LOVE this one. It used 1.5 skeins of Malabrigo worsted to make the small size. It's the perfect close-to-your-neck snuggly cowl size, but yet not too tight or constricting on your neck. I put green buttons on it since I love a pink-lime green combo and envisioned wearing it with this coat, but now I'm second guessing this look! Ha!


Pattern: Betangled cowl by Jennifer Weissman (link to my Rav project page)
Needles: size 8 Knit Picks Harmony
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted (colorway: fuscia), used 1.51 skeins
Mods: none!


That's a grand total of 1,071 yards out and the month is just barely started!

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...