2016 Year in Review


It's New Year's, so you know what that means .....year-end-review time!

 January


February


 March & April


May & June
 

July & August



 September & October



 November & December


And the grand total is .... 111 projects knit or crocheted this year! Holy cow!!! (not all 111 are depicted above, but pretty close!) I should call 2016 the year of the hat, since 54 of the 111 projects were hats knit for charity. 


 

So how did I do on those crafting resolutions I set back in January? Eh, mixed. Some big achievements, but definitely big fat NOPEs on several of them. That's okay. There's always another year!

2016 Crafting Resolutions:
  • Goal #1: ZERO yarn purchases this year.WIN! This was my biggest achievement for the year. I bought NOTHING. Yay! And my stash reduced by more than 19,000 yards!
  • Goal #2: Empty at least two storage containers of yarn. Not so much.
  • Goal #3: Sew at least four quilts. Haha! NOPE. Did sew one though!
  • Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself. NOPE! Did make one though!
  • Goal #5: Knit 50 charity projects. YES! This was a big win! 54 to be exact.
  • Goal #6: Empty a storage bin of needlepoint projects. NOPE.
  • Goal #7: Make new pillow covers for my front sitting room. NOPE.
  • Goal #8: Continue to build my budding crochet skills. Yes!! I really built my crochet skills this year!
  • Goal #9: Dye my own self-striping yarn. NOPE.
  • Goal #10: Continue my Love Your Library project! Yes! 58 projects total were knit from patterns I had in my library prior to January 1, 2016. 
 So what do I want to achieve in 2017?
  • Goal #1: Going for year two of ZERO yarn purchases.
  • Goal #2: Sew at least two quilts.
  • Goal #3: Knit 50 charity projects.
  • Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself.
  • Goal #5: Devote more time to needlepoint/cross-stitch projects.
  • Goal #6: Learn how to crochet toys!
  • Goal #7: Dye my own self-striping yarn.
  • Goal #8: Continue my Love Your Library project!

2 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

WOW!! 111 projects (excuse me while I just faint a little!) what a wonderful year! Good luck with all your intentions for 2017 :)

Julie said...

You were so productive, so many wonderful projects! And I'm blown away at your success in purchasing zero yarn in 2016, way to go!!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...