roar! lion scarf

This is the lion scarf from 60 Quick Knits, a great book full of super-fast projects featuring Cascade 220 yarn. This was the project that convinced me to buy the book--and it didn't disappoint! How stinkin' cute is this? My favorite part are the ears, which were much easier than I expected (you knit four rows in seed stitch, then pull your yarn through the stitches to "gather" the yarn and make the curved shape of the ear--then embroider along the edge to make it look neat. That's it!). I ended up using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn for the "body" and face of the lion, since it is super-soft, and since this is a kid's scarf, will need to be machine washed. The brown mane is some of Vanna's Choice Lion Brand (which I did find slightly ironic, to be making a lion using Lion Brand Yarn). My little munchkin is already running around the house with it draped around her, telling me "roar." I love it.

Don't forget to check out the other FOs this week at TamisAmis!

16 comments:

pinkundine said...

Oh it's so cute! I love the little button eyes, and that mane is fab

Unknown said...

How adorable!! I love those ears.

Sam Findlay said...

This is awesome! I love it!

Karen said...

What a cute scarf! I love it.

Calophi said...

This is so cute! I have this book at home also, but the project that got me to buy it - which I haven't made yet - was the octopus mittens. :)

Tami Klockau said...

Whoa, that is adorble! I love it!

Liz said...

That is so cute! I love him, that mane is awesome :D

Emily said...

Thanks for all the lion love! (oh, and those Octopus mittens are in my queue, too!)

erin said...

that is so, so, so cute! I'm probably too old to make one for myself, huh?

Hazels Crochet said...

Awww I love the scarf, its awesome!

Marushka C. said...

Adorable! It sounds like you have definitely made your daughter happy with it, too.

Carla said...

Oh that is too too adorable! =D

Vivianne said...

That is super - nice job :-)

Alittlebitsheepish said...

I love it! I am totally checking out that book, my neice would go crazy for a lion scarf

Sandy said...

That's adorable. I can see and hear your little one yelling roar!

Sandra said...

Love this so much.
Our middle son's name is Leo. And as you can imagine, he loves all things lion. I must make him one...he will flip :)!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...