more swap love

Got a surprise package yesterday, and it's my yarn lover's swap! Oh, this was a fun one. Who doesn't like getting new yarn? And who doesn't like shopping for yarn? And with no requirements (or expectations) to send a handmade, this didn't require much crafting energy either. I mailed my package early, as it had to head far far west to New Zealand (and arrived there in 8 days!?! crazy!). And this weekend I was happily surprised to open the mailbox and find mine! So much yarny goodness! You are looking at two skeins of Malabrigo Mecha in the Archangel colorway (destined to become a chunky cowl for moi), a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in the Some Summer Sky colorway (I've been itching to try this brand for years now!), and finally some yarn hand dyed by my swap partner, Laurel McWilliams (aka SpinningFates). The prettiest and softest pink sock yarn ever!

But that wasn't all ... slipped in amongst the yarn were the cutest stitch markers ever. LOVE!

P.S. I'm sure you already think I've jumped off the deep end with all this swap craziness, but this will be my last one for awhile. I've got some selfish knitting to attend to, and Christmas is knocking on the door ...

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Those stitch markers are amazing! So cute. How lovely getting hand dyed yarn too. Something unique for you :-)

Rosemary said...

I love those stitch markers!! And I have some yarn from Spinning Fates waiting in my stash for just the right project. :)

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...