Love Your Library, vol. 11

 
Finally, a finish!! Too bad it's a pattern I acquired this year, so technically not a qualifier for this challenge, but then again--a success that I knit it within the same calendar year of acquiring it, correct? Ay yi yi.

Pattern: Slip-zag (link to my Ravelry project page)
Needles: size 10 Addi turbo's (one size larger than the pattern calls for)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in Apricot and Fuschia
Mods: I used an entire skein of fuschia, so that required me to stop the pattern earlier than called for on the Apricot-dominant side (used approximately 2/3 of the Apricot skein). Honestly, I love it even better this way. I like a good 1/3-2/3 division, I believe we learned this design principle as "the rule of 3s" in my old photography classes! This yarn is sooo buttery soft, it's just heavenly as a cowl and next to your skin! I was able to triple wrap this if I really needed to protect my neck from the cold, so this is a generous double-wrap.

How's your month going? I've temporarily lost the toy mojo I started this year with. That's okay, I'm sure it will return eventually!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Beautiful finish and I do so love malabrigo worsted!! I finally finished something that was in my library from the outset - yay!!

Alicia said...

Fun, bright colors!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...