super secret!

the manly blanket

Normally my top-secret Christmas gifts are knitted ... this year marks the re-emergence of the crochet hook! It's been ages since I crocheted anything, and I honestly forget what little skills I'd learned. But every year I've admired different crochet projects and promised myself I'd re-learn. What kicked my butt into motion this year was the ubiquitous "mermaid tail" blanket you've probably seen floating around the web (or its frequently seen alternate version, the shark!). I just couldn't resist making one for my daughter (for anyone who grew up watching Ariel in The Little Mermaid the idea of a mermaid blanket is pretty irresistible!) The pattern I'm using is a simple one--no crazy dragonscale crochet for me--it's called "bulky and quick mermaid tail blanket." I'm using three strands of worsted weight acrylic held together, so it's going FAST. And I love it! I pre-approved the idea of the blanket with my daughter, but am only working on this while she's at school so I can give it to her at Christmas. My other project is another blanket, but this one is in Mississippi State University colors for my husband. Just call this my year of blankets!

mermaid tail blanket, in progress



Today I'm linking up with Tammy's Stitch-Along Wednesday, Ginny for Yarn Along, and Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...