waddling into the holidays

I'm in denial that this is the end of the first week of November. I mean, come on--it was Halloween yesterday, right? Sigh. Part of me loves seeing all the Christmas items start to appear, and the other part of me is in full-on panic since this means time is short for those holiday knitting gift lists. I like to participate in a handful of holiday swaps with my online knitting friends, and knit this adorable penguin ornament for one of my lucky friends. I'll definitely be making a second one for our tree! It knit up within two days, but could easily be done in one day if you had uninterrupted time. The pattern is a freebie (yay!) published on the Knit Picks website. This pattern is great for using up leftover scraps, I estimate it used less than 50 yards altogether! And the only real seaming you do is sewing the wings, nose, and tummy on (the rest is knit in the round) and sewing the feet together. But it's quick and relatively painless, even for a seaming-avoider like me.

Project: Penguin ornament (link to my Ravelry project page)
Needles: size 4s
Yarn: Assorted acrylic on hand (Caron Simply Soft in black, Mary Maxim Starlette in red, mystery white cotton, Knit Picks Swish Worsted in carrot)
Mods: None!


2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...