more stashbustin'


My third garter squish blanket for the year is FINISHED, and it couldn't be at a better time now that we've had a sudden spell of gray, overcast and rainy weather here in Mississippi. It actually feels a little bit like the beginning of winter and I actually want to put on a sweatshirt for once!

This beast ate up 4,375 yards from my stash (specific yarns on my Ravelry project page). Wowser. I did purchase the grays and blacks for this one, so technically only half that number was "stashbusted" but I'm still celebrating! Especially since the orange yarn had sat in my stash with intentions of becoming a blanket for at least two years now. Just like the last one, I used size 13 needles and cast on 150ish stitches. It makes a generous twin-sized blanket even with using a size smaller needles than Stephen West's pattern calls for.
 


Now I'm on to the next of my "must knit now" list--a sweater in uniform-compliant colors for my daughter to wear to school. Like I said, the weather's just starting to turn here in Mississippi. Good thing top-down raglan kid sweaters knit up fast! In falling with my, "time to get back to my Love Your Library challenge" mind-frame, I pulled out my Ann Budd book of top-down sweater patterns for this project. This is the child's basic raglan pattern, but this time I'm following the v-neck and cardigan instructions. I'll probably add some extra length to try to squeeze two cold-weather seasons out of this sweater. We'll see ...


Today I'm linking up with Tammy's Stitch-Along Wednesday, Ginny for Yarn Along, and Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

that is the cutest sweater and a beautiful color!! i would imagine it feels great to have the blanket finished!!!

Zena said...

I love the earthy colours in your stash busting blanket. Also I love sunshine coloured yarn too; it brightens your day.

Ravenna said...

Fall has definitely descended on us up here in the Great Lakes region as well. I really like the blanket idea. I'm a fan of the quick knit of a garter stitch. Nice work :)

Anonymous said...

Love that blanket! great way to use up extra yarn (if there is such a thing) ha! It looks cozy and squishy and perfect for a cool night by the fire

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You have raised an important issue..Thanks for sharing..I would like to read more current affairs from this blog..keep posting. wordpress web design template

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...