knit your library, vol. 13

It's done! It's done! The big 'ol bulldawg blanket I made my husband for our anniversary is done! It went really fast once I concentrated on it. I'm super happy since that's 4,000 yards out of my stash and he loves it!

The "marled" section is one strand of maroon and one strand of cream held together. I actually already had the yarn balled up that way from ripping apart this flop of a project and realized that it would be a major tangly mess to separate the two strands back apart. I'm glad I added the marled section now--it breaks it up and makes things more interesting.


And like every successful blanket project I've done before, I got super excited and immediately pulled out yarn to make another one. This one will be super girly and for my daughter. It's already doubled in size since I took this picture--that's how fast these go!


4 comments:

Becki said...

I love the giant granny square blanket and I especially like that tweedy/stripey yarn you used on some rounds. And it used 4,000 yards of yarn?!? Sounds like a great way to make a dent in my over-abundance of acrylics!

Babajeza said...

:-) Lovely. Men love brown, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Hurray for done! I love making giant granny squares as baby blankets. They're great for using up odds and ends of yarns, and sooooo easy.

kathy b said...

That is an incredible accomplishment. I LOVE that blanket!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...