january wrap-up: first month of the love your library challenge


The grand total for my first month of the love your library challenge? Two projects complete, from two different publications in my library. Now to be fair, both were works-in-progress, so I had a major jump start on them!


My most recent finish was the grapevine crosshatch lace socks from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks book. I love this book. If you're looking for customizable sock patterns that let you choose your favorite leg pattern, toe, and heel along the way, then this is the book for you. Top down? Toe up? Every single pattern provides instructions for both. Awesome, huh? The book is divided into eleven sections based upon the number of stitches in each repeat of your chosen leg pattern (ranging from four-stitch to 12-stitch repeats!). There's everything from simple purl and knit combinations to complicated stranded patterns. The book provides detailed instructions regarding sock construction and all your options for customization along the way. This is one of those books that breaks it down so that beginners can understand, yet offers enough variety to keep the most skilled sock knitter happy. I counted at least 81 different leg patterns to choose from, and I probably missed some variations that would increase that count even further! By far one of my favorite sock books in my libary.


 
grapevine crosshatch lace socks
 
 
 
My other completed project was the #12 Mom's Vest pattern from the Fall 2011 issue of KnitSimple magazine. KnitSimple magazine most consistently publishes patterns I actually like. Many are very simple (as in their name), but most are just classic, good patterns with little twists to keep them interesting. I can't tell you how many projects I've flagged to knit "someday" in my stash of this magazine!
 
 
 
#12 mom's vest
 
 
So how did you do this month? If you participated in the love your library challenge, link to your blog below! Feel free to join in on the fun if you've just stumbled upon this challenge! It's a very relaxed challenge--you can participate as much or as little as you like. Feel free to grab the "official" challenge image from this post for your blog. Then come here on the last day of the month to link your wrap-up post for the month, and come back on the first day of the month to link your plans for the upcoming month!


4 comments:

unionjgirl said...

Lovely socks and vest, you've been so productive! I have the back of my cardigan done, now onto the front!

Emily said...

Thanks! I did WIP this month, the low-hanging fruit ... we'll see how productive I am when I start new projects from the beginning!

Nicky said...

Only a little late but here it is.....
http://jaynicknitknacks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/love-your-library-january-fo-friday.html

Love your socks.
I never found a knitting magazine over here that published patterns I consistently liked so gave up. But that vest looks scrummy!

Verlene said...

This is cool!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...