cast-on-itis strikes again


Soooo ... not surprisingly, my needles are all over the place right now. I'm suffering from some serious cast-on-itis lately. I've started a Montague Bulky Lace Vest in some Malabrigo Mecha in the Whale's Road colorway (looooove the color, and the yarn ... bulky + superwash + Malabrigo. What's not to love there?). The pattern is from New England Knits, a book I've had on my shelf for quite some time now, but have yet to knit out of.


What else is on my needles? A hat? A purse? Nooo .... it's a minion! This one I'm knitting more on the sly, as a surprise for my daughter in anticipation of the Despicable Me sequel being released on July 3rd. This pattern calls for duplicate stitch, which I've never attempted before. A little nervous about how it will turn out ... we shall see ... 

And not pictured?
Yeah, I know I have a problem. Thinks look all neat and tidy on the blog ... what you don't see are all the half started projects stashed around my house .. ahem ...  this is what happens when I'm restless but don't fall in love right away with something! Summer is the worst ... something about the appearance of long blocks of unscheduled time!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Minion! OMG I need one!

So much for not adding anything else to my queue this month...

Emily said...

Sorry about that ... ahem ...

Lisa said...

I'm suffering from the same... can't wait to see the finished minion!

Kaiya said...

Summer does tend to do that somehow, doesn't it? I usually try to keep myself down to one big project and one portable sock project... but currently I have four active projects all going at the same time, to say nothing of the UFOs in time-out!

Carol said...

I am also in the middle of knitting the Montague Vest using some bulky yarn from my stash and I'm really enjoying it; it works up so quickly! Posted a picture of my progress today.

Kymberly said...

I came over from Ginny's Yarn Along because I loved the blue vest. Looks beautiful, but that minion. I might have to cast that on. So cute!

Pumpkin said...

Well, if you have a WIP in every room, well that is just smart planning. I also love some of the patterns in New England Knits, that one in particular. It is going to be super pretty in that color!

Candace said...

great view to knit from

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...