stashbustin, the quilt edition


Just call me the finisher. After realizing in a panic at the beginning of the week that there were only TWO weeks left in July, I was determined to finish something this week. Anything. I had received a minky quilt kit from my sister for Christmas last year, and had it pulled out as something I wanted to sew up this summer. And now I'm DONE! Yes! I love fast project like this. No need to cut anything thanks to the kit, and I used up some fun yellow and gray chevron flannel I've had in my stash for easily four years now as the backing. Win and win! I ended up doing the use-your-backing-as-your-binding method on this one (first time in at least 8 years) which worked out perfectly and also sped up my finishing time.

Now for my second finish, which has been sitting since June waiting for the binding to be finished. I decided that clearly hand-sewing the binding wasn't going to happen anytime soon at this rate, and used the machine to finish the binding.


Talk about Christmas in July, eh? Next up: finishing a king-sized quilt top that just needs edging!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes and stashbusting to boot! Wonderful...I love the minky quilt, so cheery and looks so cozy. Thanks for linking up!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...