christmas candy sleighs and snowman "soup"


Okay, I need to 'fess up. I've always wanted to make these candy sleighs. For years I've seen them all over the web, but it felt silly to go to that much effort to only destroy your work to eat the candy! But this year I finally had the perfect excuse--classroom party goody bags!

As you can see, I used a Kit Kat bar as the base to attach two regular size candy cane runners to. Then I used double-sided mounting tape to attach three fun size Twix bars and then finished the pyramid with Hersey's sampler bars. A teeny tiny chocolate santa is wedged in last. I used tape to assemble it all together.
 

Candy is an essential component of any goody bag, but I thought something to drink would be good too. Then I saw tutorials for "snowman soup" on Pinterest and used that to inspire these snowman cocoa cups. Sharpie drawn on nose and mouth, and googly eyes! That's it! Then stick in a pack of cocoa mix and mini candy cane into the cup, and package together with a clear treat bag. Done.


Last but not least, we had to assemble the bags. We kept it simple, using plain 'ol lunch bags. I prettied them up by trimming the top edge with a scalloped scissors and then using a hole punch to make holes to tie grosgrain ribbon through. My daughter decorated the trees using a set of foam stickers we found at Hobby Lobby. Simple but cute!


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...