March - April
September - October
This year was epic on several levels. I knit more yardage than I ever have ever, and that's mostly because I knit not one ... not two ... THREE humongous garter squish blankets this year! I also set a personal sock knitting record this year, knitting a total of seven pairs of socks for myself (most years I'm lucky to knit one pair!). And the fall was dominated by a charity hat knit-a-thon that amassed 30 hats for local homeless kids. That was a fun project that will be repeated next year!
And now for the moment of truth ... how well did I do in achieving my knitting resolutions?
- Goal #1: Knit down my stash. Results? MIXED. I knit more than I ever have, but .... my stash grew like it never has before.
- Goal #2: Finish, frog, or otherwise eliminate my current WIPs. Results? MIXED. I whittled my WIPs down to five projects, and that's down from 16!
- Goal #3: Continue my Love Your Library project! Results? SUCCESS!
So what am I thinking about for 2016? I'm devoting this year to recovering my spare bedroom. Right now it is filled to the max with yarn, fabric, yarn, and more yarn. That means I need to get serious. Really serious. And I'm realizing that means I need to go cold turkey--no new yarn. Period. It pains me to write that, which is ridiculous if you could see the size of my stash. I'm also thinking it's time to go back to a more specific list of goals. When I go vague, I just don't get as much accomplished.
- Goal #1: ZERO yarn purchases this year.
- Goal #2: Empty at least two storage containers of yarn.
- Goal #3: Sew at least four quilts.
- Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself.
- Goal #5: Knit 50 charity projects.
- Goal #6: Empty a storage bin of needlepoint projects.
- Goal #7: Make new pillow covers for my front sitting room.
- Goal #8: Continue to build my budding crochet skills.
- Goal #9: Dye my own self-striping yarn.
- Goal #10: Continue my Love Your Library project!