geek girl mitts


I technically finished these at the beginning of February, but wanted to wait until their recipient received them to maintain the surprise! These are hands down the most complicated cables I've ever done, and the most complicated cable charts I've ever read. And I did it! Super confidence booster! I now may actually go back and attempt some patterns I've admired but were too intimidated by the cabling! I totally love Colinette Jitterbug. I'm pretty sure this dye lot is abnormally pink--I've purchased a second skein in this colorway, and the purple variegated parts are much more pronounced. These pictures are close to color accurate ... so hard to take good pictures of shocking fuschia pink! :-D

Pattern: Geek Girl Fingerless Gloves free pattern! (Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug (colorway: Alizarine)
Needles: size 2s, magic loop and dpn for thumbs
Mods: None! Fun, fast pattern!


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...