Ravellenic Finish #5


Does this yarn look familiar? It should, because it is my failed betula ring cowl reincarnated in a much more successful project! I'm sooo much happier seeing this yarn used in a different pattern. This is another birthday knit, done and ready for its recipient! Woot! I'm getting faster and faster each time I knit this pattern--it took me approximately 24 hours to finish this one this time, and again without continuous knitting time. I definitely have this pattern memorized now! I was wondering if the lace would show up as well in this darker colorway, but it does! Maybe I'm getting better at the lace each time, but honestly the first lowbrow hat I made is my least favorite. For whatever reason, it just looks better in the citrus and vishnu colorways for some reason. My unofficial Ravellenic knitting goal has now become to knit my entire stash of MadTosh Chunky ... all I have left is another skein of citrus, and half a skein of lepidoptra leftover. And they are destined to become .... another lowbrow hat and another spiced cocoa mitts! Boring, I know, but another sister saw my lowbrow hat and now wants one! Good thing I LOVE this pattern!

Pattern: Lowbrow Hat (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Chunky (colorway: Vishnu, 1 skein = 165 yards)
Needles: Size 5 and Size 7 Knit Picks Harmony interchangeables
Modifications: None!

1 comment:

Una said...

Blues are my favourite colours and I love hats that come down over the ears and forehead. Amazingly our winter weather here hasn't been cold enough for hats this year, which is a pity as I knitted a couple last year in preparation.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...