1. Favorite yarn: Madelinetosh (oh, those saturated colors get me every.single.time! Some day I will make a pilgrimage to their Texas store ... someday ...)
2. Favorite thing to knit: hats. So fast and gratifying! I have knit 18 new hats in the past three years, so there you go.
3. Favorite independent dyer: White Birch Fiber Arts (gorgeous self-striping rainbows!)
4. Favorite designer: Joji Locatelli. She has a knack for making simple, sophisticated and beautiful things. With Amy Christoffers and Veera close runners up.
5. Favorite stitch pattern: Oh that's easy--garter stitch. Love the squishy-ness, love how it shows off highly variegated yarns. No matter how advanced my skills become, I will always return to garter stitch. Garter stitch is my go-to!
6. Favorite knitting technique: stranded colorwork!! I've discovered in the past few years that it's combining yarn colors that really excites me. That's probably why I'm so attracted to crazy variegated yarns--the color pairings.
7. Favorite color palette: Pinks, oranges, blues and toss in a nice gray to temper everything.
8. Favorite FO: The Swedish Fish mitts I made last year. Happy, cheerful--totally me!
So what are your current favorites? Come back tomorrow for a round-up of my favorite hat patterns. All week I'll be featuring my favorite patterns for my favorite things to knit and make.