favorite fast hat patterns

8.chunkeanie (pattern by woolly wormhead)
Blog
 Some yarns just look best in reverse stockinette. And simple is good. Free is good, too.
 
7. troll (pattern by Gabriela Widmer-Hanke)

4v_small2
It's free, uses tiny amounts of aran weight yarn, and is stinkin' adorable!

6.  fairy snowcap (pattern by romi hill)
_hat-theone_small2
You may know Romi Hill for her fabulous knitted shawl patterns, but I just adore this hat pattern. Love the shape of the deep twisted rib, love the light lace, love the huge pom pom!

5. barley (pattern by tin can knits)
10062765096_77038cc177_n
This one combines a texture panel with easy stockinette, and the best part of this pattern is the range of sizes. You can knit a hat for the entire family with this free pattern!

4. molly (pattern by erin ruth)
Knit in worsted weight, combines one cable with texture, and free. Enough said! Omit the cable, and this would make for a great "man hat."

3. lullington hat (pattern by Jen A-C)
P3291207_small
You've seen me finish two of these in 2015 alone. It works great for aran weight yarns, and given my adoration of MadTosh chunky and malabrigo worsted (both aran weight yarns), I know I'll be making more hats with this pattern!

2. lowbrow hat (pattern by thao nguyen)
Dsc01140_medium
By last count, I've knit this pattern five times, all with MadTosh chunky. That's how much I love this pattern!

1. Luuk (pattern by annis jones)
 Colin_hat_small2
This pattern has become my go-to baby/kid hat pattern. Roomy fit and adorable!  Bonus points for being a freebie.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I like your hat style! That troll hat is especially adorable.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I love Troll and Nuuk, especially as they are free - perfect for my year of no spending!

Unknown said...

All of them are great options. But I love that Fairy Snowcap!!

Click said...

I love all of those hats, I think I'm going to have to add some more to my list of things to knit.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...