8. braided ball (pattern marleen hartog)
Perfect for tiny fingers to grab!
7. dinosaur jr. (pattern by katie boyette)
Because all kids need dinosaurs in their lives. Especially cute stegosauruses!
6. flossie bear (pattern by debbie orr)
A super huggable bear-pillow that's also a fun scrap-buster? Yes, please!
5. baby chalice blanket (pattern by karen lauger)
One of my knitting friends made this blanket for me, and it is gorgeous. Beautiful lace pattern!
4. telemark pullover (pattern by erika flory)
Great basic raglan with a nice neckline in dk weight yarn. And free to boot! Only goes up to size 18 months though.
3. baby pleasure pullover (pattern by Red Heart)
Yes, yes, I know--Red Heart?? But this basic, free pattern has a great rolling neckline that stretches super well to fit over big baby noggins. And it uses one skein of sock yarn, making it a nice stash buster and light layer.
2. Snug (pattern by Hinke)
This one has an unusual construction, being knit side-to-side (you put the arm stitches on waste yarn and return to them later). Fun to knit, and super cozy! Boo! Update: unfortunately no longer offered for free, but she also has expanded the sizing with the paid pattern.
1. bunny beanie (pattern by noe knit)
Hey, this is one of the few times you can control what they wear on their head so ....