road trippin' day 4


Day four, and we traveled 480 miles to make it to California! Flat, desert, bleak southern California that is. It's been so long since I traveled across the state border that I completely forgot about the agricultural checkpoints the state has at major entries to the state. Glad I had experienced one as a kid, otherwise we would have been totally perplexed as to what was going on! (California strongly protects its agricultural industry by prohibiting fruit from out of the state crossing the border. It may sound crazy, but that's how destructive and invasive pests spread by hitching a ride on your car, boat, etc. to new ecosystems).


We stopped at a tourist trap "ghost town" that was totally fake, but fun for the kids. Someday we'll make it to a real ghost town, which are pretty darn cool and eerie.




 


And I almost finished the second sock!!! I'm getting faster, I swear ...


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...