gulf shores socks

Last weekend was spent at one of my all time favorite places in the world, the beach! Gulf Shores, Alabama to be precise. We had a grand time lounging in the sun, making and destroying sand castles, and floating in the surf. But for me, relaxation wouldn't be complete without some form of knitting! So I brought along a skein of some gorgeous Knitting Knotions sock yarn I picked up at Stitches South in an appropriately beach-themed colorway (Mediterranean) and set out on attempt number two to make some Monkeys (Rav project link). This time, much more successful than the last attempt! These photos don't do this colorway justice. This yarn is stunning. Subtle greens, and shades of blue ranging from turquoise to periwinkle blue. It really reminds me of the colors of the sky, mixed with the colors of a blue-green sparkling ocean. My favorite colors! Between the pretty yarn and the fun pattern, I predict these socks will be finished in no time!


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...