I'm back with my never-ending goal of actually knitting/crocheting/stitching/making the thousands upon thousands of patterns I've accumulated between my library of crafting books, my subscriptions to knitting magazines, and the endless lure of free patterns on Ravelry and the web. This year I'm giving myself the added challenge of going "head-to-toe" with this project. Can I make enough projects from my library that I cover myself head-to-toe. Should be fun! I'm starting things off with a worsted weight sweater. I need to knit sweaters this year. I have way too many sweater quantities of yarn languishing in my stash! And this project is using yarn from 2011, from the last time I attended Stitches South. Deep stash. :-D
Hopefully the first of many sweaters knit this year! Going simple-- @annbuddknits top-down raglan, using @missbabsyarns yowza in scarlet ibis. #knittersofinstagram #wipwednesday #yarnalong #wipA photo posted by snapdragoncrafts (@snapdragon__crafts) on
sunday's stitches: a moment to slow down and savor
whatever your stitching on
First stitches of 2017! Follow my progress every Sunday on the blog: http://snapdragoncrafts.blogspot.com. #needlepoint #sundaysstitches #stitchersofinstagramA photo posted by snapdragoncrafts (@snapdragon__crafts) on
See my progress from week to week on past sunday's stitches.
It's New Year's, so you know what that means .....year-end-review time!
March & April
May & June
July & August
September & October
November & December
And the grand total is .... 111 projects knit or crocheted this year! Holy cow!!! (not all 111 are depicted above, but pretty close!) I should call 2016 the year of the hat, since 54 of the 111 projects were hats knit for charity.
So how did I do on those crafting resolutions I set back in January? Eh, mixed. Some big achievements, but definitely big fat NOPEs on several of them. That's okay. There's always another year!
2016 Crafting Resolutions:
- Goal #1: ZERO yarn purchases this year.WIN! This was my biggest achievement for the year. I bought NOTHING. Yay! And my stash reduced by more than 19,000 yards!
- Goal #2: Empty at least two storage containers of yarn. Not so much.
- Goal #3: Sew at least four quilts. Haha! NOPE. Did sew one though!
- Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself. NOPE! Did make one though!
- Goal #5: Knit 50 charity projects. YES! This was a big win! 54 to be exact.
- Goal #6: Empty a storage bin of needlepoint projects. NOPE.
- Goal #7: Make new pillow covers for my front sitting room. NOPE.
- Goal #8: Continue to build my budding crochet skills. Yes!! I really built my crochet skills this year!
- Goal #9: Dye my own self-striping yarn. NOPE.
- Goal #10: Continue my Love Your Library project! Yes! 58 projects total were knit from patterns I had in my library prior to January 1, 2016.
- Goal #1: Going for year two of ZERO yarn purchases.
- Goal #2: Sew at least two quilts.
- Goal #3: Knit 50 charity projects.
- Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself.
- Goal #5: Devote more time to needlepoint/cross-stitch projects.
- Goal #6: Learn how to crochet toys!
- Goal #7: Dye my own self-striping yarn.
- Goal #8: Continue my Love Your Library project!
Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...
My knitting guild just started a new charity project, knitting hats for children living in an orphanage in a mountainous region of Ke...
Let's just say I wish I found these adorable free Easter patterns a lot earlier ... next year, next year ... Knit up a vintage Easter ...