st. louis stash

While exploring St. Louis, Missouri last August, I discovered two amazing local shops... a local yarn shop called Knitorious and a quilting shop, The Quilted Fox.

The Knitorious staff were friendly and welcomed me the minute I walked in the door ... and their selection? Two words: overwhelmingly good. Their shop was jam-packed with the perennial knitter's favorites: Noro, Malabrigo, Rowan, SWTC, Blue Sky Alpaca, Lorna's Laces ... I could go on and on ...

You know I didn't leave that store empty-handed!


Malabrigo Worsted in Jewel Blue

(destined to become this vest from the Fall 2011 issue of Knit Simple)



Colinette Jitterbug in Summer Berries


(destined to become a light-weight cardigan of some sort)


Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in Turquoise Jeans


(destined to become socks)


I was equally impressed with The Quilted Fox. The staff was also very friendly, and after giving you an introduction to the layout of the store, gave you plenty of room to browse without pressure. The store was bright and cheerful, and well organized. They had a great selection of contemporary designers, Japanese and Australian fabrics, and batiks.


I couldn't resist this modern, graphic "floral" (Herman Miller, above), nor this dramatic Kaffe Fassett floral (below).


If you are in the St. Louis area, I definitely recommend visiting Knitorious (directions, hours) and the Quilted Fox (directions, hours)!

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...