fun frosty washcloth


How's your Christmas knitting going? I'm surprisingly ahead of the game for once--but it helps that I was not ambitious at all this year! I always like to send something handmade to my Grandma, as she is 200% knitworthy and one of my crafterly role models. This year I was indecisive, which meant something big was off the table. Earlier this year, I made some cute mosaic stitch (slip-stitch colorwork) wash cloths that she liked. And an idea was born. I found this cute frosty the snowman pattern, and away I went! Being thrifty, I used up some color-changing cotton I already had in my stash. I like the effect, but the face would show up better in a solid. Final verdict? Another fun, fast, good last-minute gift pattern!

Pattern: Frosty's Cloth by Becky Curran (link to my Ravelry project page)
Needles: Size 7 Addi Turbo's
Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream Stripes (colorway: country stripes, used approx. 1/3 skein) and mystery cone of white cotton
Mods: None!

Christmas baking has begun as well ... here's my first batch of yummy candy. Pretzels + rolos, melted for about two minutes in the oven, then squished with an M&M on top. Can become "turtles" if you use a pecan half instead of an M&M ... YUM!


2 comments:

sadodosah said...

I agree with you that the face would be more prominent in a solid colour but it still looks really nice as it is. And those pretzels look very sinful.

Becca said...

Cute cloth! I was just thinking about making a batch of those pretzels - so delicious!!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...