back in the (sewing) saddle again















My sewing machine's intimidation factor has officially diminished. After picking some neutral brown fabric for placemats several months ago and cutting strips in infrequent bursts of energy, tonight I dug my sewing machine out of the garage and set it up on the dining room table. I happily discovered that the needle was still threaded correctly, and tentatively began sewing strips. And when it came time to wind a new bobbin, I stayed cool, refreshed myself on the steps to follow with my owner's manual, and wound a new one--no sweat! Hoorah!! These little successes are so exciting that I'm already dreaming of sewing projects to start after these placemats! But first things first--sew the back side of these placemats (I'm making them double-sided) and then figure out how to bind them.... there's that intimidation factor creeping back in again.
The colors for the yet-to-be-sewn reverse side:









No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...