casting on



I'm back! Fall hit me in full force--and I lost all motivation after realizing that my plans to participate in a fall craft fair were totally impractical (at the rate I was going, it would be July before I had enough inventory!). But after a break, and casting on a new project that's just for me, I'm back into my normal craftin' groove. I'm hard at work on my very first sweater (eep! exciting!). I picked a simple button-front cardigan from "Hip to Knit." It's so simple that it doesn't even have a ribbed border! I know that means I'll have to deal with some curling/rolling, but that's okay. I'm using Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee yarn in the "Surf and Turf" colorway (80% acrylic, 16% wool). It's chunky and knitting up pretty thick, which means this baby will be warm--but that's fine by me, as the fall chill has hit pretty hard lately. For being "shaded effect yarn" it's also surprisingly stripe-y. But I'm loving it so far--it feels really soft and I'm curious to see how the colors will pool on the sleeves. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

As far as my modest amount of what would have been craft fair inventory goes, we'll see. I've toyed with opening an Etsy shop since last February, but I am sooo busy this fall that opening a shop now really isn't in the stars. On the other hand, I don't really like the idea of opening a shop in January, during the post-holiday slump. So we'll see. For now I'm reclaiming some of my "stock" for myself!

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...