new loot!



Thank you Jimmy Beans Wool for your speedy delivery! Order placed: Thursday. Order received: Saturday. Did I request rush delivery? Nope, just good ole USPS Priority Mail. Talk about instant gratification! This is my first venture into using "fancy" yarn--four different colorways of Berroco Ultra Alpaca (charcoal gray; navy; pale pink; pale blue) and five different colorways of Crystal Palace Yarns Kid Merino (painted iris; ultra blues; red cinnamon; taupe mix; code pink). I couldn't resist the novelty of the Kid Merino (so delicate! so tiny!) that I cast on with it right away. What feels like a wiry thread coming off the skein quickly amasses into fuzzy goodness when knitted up. And this photo does not do the color justice--so many subtle variations. Gorgeous! I'm already in love with it. No wonder there are so many yarn snobs!


What am I knitting, you ask? Shhh! It's for Christmas! Let's just say I'm inspired by Amanda's FO-love. (FO=finished object)

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...