baby brain

I have a confession to make. My relative drop in posting and productivity over the past few months? Well ... let's just say that I was working on a pretty darn big project behind the scenes here that has been consuming a lot of my energy ... we're expecting a new addition this May! We just found out it's a boy, so I'm finally letting myself buy things like these stinking adorable sneakers. And starting some non-neutral baby craft projects!


I've had a super-cute set of eight fat quarters of coordinating car-themed flannel fabrics in my stash seemingly forever now, that I was keeping just in case. It felt so good to finally have a reason to break it out! This will be the top of a crib-sized quilt. I just tracked down some matching brown and turquoise flannel for a border, binding, and the backing so with any luck I can finish constructing the quilt this weekend. I considered a more complex quilting pattern, but ended up deciding that large squares showed off the cute prints the best. I love how it's turning out so far!


6 comments:

The Crafty Librarian said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time and a great excuse to revisit your stash. Those fabrics complement each other nicely.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. What adorable shoes!!! And the quilt will be well loved I am sure.

Jennifer said...

Hurray! Congratulations and best wishes to all!
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

I'm Rachel. said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see what fabulous finds and projects you come up with for the little man.

Rachel
always-a-project.com

Emily said...

Thanks!! I will definitely be pouring over your site looking for some ideas. :)

Triona said...

Congratulations! The shoes and the quilt are both ridiculously adorable. Your new little man is going to be very well attired :-)

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...