felting on the fourth

unfelted hobby horse head
Happy Independence Day! We celebrated here with watermelon, sunshine, and chlorine (thanks to a dip in the pool). No fireworks this year--we're all too tired to stay awake for them! I also managed to finish knitting a new project (I have mentioned that I have crafting ADD, right? ahem ... don't worry, my lace blocks baby blanket is still progressing nicely) and get it prepped for felting.

These are the "before" photos ... I know, you must be thinking, wow ... what a giant purple sock! This giant purple sock is an unfelted hobby horse head that I'm making for my daughter's upcoming third birthday. I'm using Hobby Lobby's "I Love this Wool" held double on size 13 needles (talk about a recipe for super speedy knitting!). I need to take measurements, but this thing is ginormous. No matter how many things I felt, I still feel a little bit of doubt at this stage. It's always so hard to believe that something this humongous, floppy, and frankly, ugly is going to magically transform into something fabulous.


The plan is for this guy to make several long, hot, agitating soaks in the washing machine tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I'll have something more horsey to show you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...