Finished Object Friday: Bubby


This month, our knitting guild has taken on the goal of knitting children's hats, scarves, mittens, and toys for a local domestic abuse shelter. I really like the idea of making toys, so I've been using this as opportunity to finally try some of the many bear patterns I have hanging out in my Ravelry queue. Here's the first: a Knitty freebie, "Bubby." Bubby is adorable ... but tiny! As in, Beanie Baby tiny. The construction is fun and fast--almost entirely seamless, which I enjoy. A little fiddly though, given how small the arms/legs are and the fact that you're using DPNs (it's pretty much like making mitten fingers).

Pattern: Bubby (my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease (colorway: Blue Mist), used a tiny amount ... under 40 yards?
Needles: Size 3 DPNs
Notes: Using size 3 needles created the perfect density of fabric! You can't see any stuffing at all ... I would make this again, for a baby--it's very grab-able for a baby, with the long limbs. Not so sure it's big enough for our charity project, but my daughter has claimed it for herself anyway!

2 comments:

Nicky said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute! And I bet the recipients will be very grateful.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...