tricks, not treats!

Yikes, clearly October was an unplanned blogging break for me! I know everyone's long since recovered from Halloween by now, but I can't resist sharing this washcloth I made last month. It's a technique I've wanted to try for a long time now--illusion knitting! The pictures is "hidden" and you can only see it when you hold the project at an angle. It's sooo much easier than it looks--you purl in the color of the hidden picture and knit in the non-picture part. On the other rows, you purl the contrast color in the non-picture part and knit in the picture part (in this example, black is the contrast color).

Yarn: Assorted Peaches 'n Cream in my stash
Needles: Size 7 
Modifications: None!


  
What picture?


 Ta da!

1 comment:

sam said...

I think this is so cool. I always wondered how that worked. Thanks for sharing x

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...