super speedy baby knit


When one of our knitting guild members brought this project to a meeting, I just had to have this pattern. Then about a year ago I spotted the booklet in a local craft shop and bought it. When another guild member announced that her daughter was expecting a baby girl this fall, I finally had my chance to make this sweater. It was worth the wait! A super fun, super speedy pattern. I cast on last Thursday and wove in ends on this on Saturday, watching the Tour de France. I love the lace leaf detail at the yoke and the squishy soft garter stitch on the body. This pattern is one that instructs you to use different weights of yarn to vary the size--so you'd use fingering to get a newborn, DK for 0-3 months, and I knit the 6-9 mos. version using worsted weight. The hat is adorable, but I simply ran out of yarn. This will definitely become a go-to baby gift pattern!

Pattern: Leaf Pattern Set by Jeanine LaRoche (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (used .90 of one skein, 315 yards; colorway: cream)
Needles: size 5 and size 7 Addi Turbo's
Mods: As written, this pattern has you knit the sleeves flat once you reach them, then re-join to finish the body. Instead, I put the sleeves on waste yarn and finished the body first. Then I picked up the sleeve stitches and knit garter stitch in the round. I'm not a fan of garter stitch in the round, but it saved me from seaming the sleeves in the end!



No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...