road trippin' day 12 - 15

I laughed when I looked at the pictures I took for our travels back home--you can tell we were on a mission to make it back, because there are zero snapshots other than my sock progress! (that and I was running out of space on my memory card!)

Day 12: Yakima, Washington to Twin Falls, Idaho


Started the day off at this point on the second sock, and finished it in Oregon! Happy to say I finished this pair while in the three west coast states!


Day 13: Twin Falls, Idaho to Cheyenne, Wyoming

  

Started the day off with the beginning of my last pair of socks for the trip, wondering if I could finish one more pair in the remaining travel time ... 


Day 14: Cheyenne, Wyoming to Kansas City, Kansas


Started the day having turned the heel and gusset decreases, ended it with a finished sock!


Day 15: Kansas City, Kansas to Starkville, Mississippi


 Started the day with the cuff of the second sock done, and raced raced raced knitting the fastest sock of the entire trip ... and had everything but the toe decreases done when we pulled into the driveway!


 And now the finished socks!
Pattern: Make Your Heels Strong (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: String Theory Colorworks Resonance

Pattern: Chains Socks (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: White Birch Fiber Arts

Pattern: Mojo (a freebie: pattern page, my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Western Sky Knits Magnolia Sock (colorway: Rocky Point)
Notes: These socks are inspired by Mojo--I used the ribbing patterns, but then chose my own sequencing. These socks are super squishy and cozy--they will be perfect in the winter!

Needless to say, this was an epic trip that we will remember for ages. And I can't believe I knit three pairs of socks in basically less than two weeks! That is equally epic for me. Now back to my regularly scheduled summer knitting and sewing projects, my friends!

7 comments:

Kat Riddell said...

Impressive work! Glad you had a good trip-road trips are the best :) And now you have three pairs of fantastic socks to go along with your trip memories!

Unknown said...

Super sock knitting! Those Mojo socks look super crazy when they aren't on a foot, but they also look super cozy.

Emily said...

You are right, they look super strange! But totally cozy!

Emily said...

Thanks! And yes, I will remember this trip fondly when I wear these socks!

Erin said...

I totally dig those blue and yellow ones!

Babajeza said...

Great socks! :-)

Alicia said...

What gorgeous reminders of your trip!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...