FO friday: asante cowl

first finished object of 2016!

If you've followed my blog for even a nanosecond, you'll have quickly picked up on how cowl-crazy I am. I just can't stop making them! Over time I've learned that I'm really awful at "artfully arranging" them, however .... which means that although I love a generous double-wrap cowl, they can frustrate me. Lately I've been intrigued by the "long tube" style of cowl that has been popular lately (think Joji's 3-color cashmere cowl, for example).  The length allows for generous pooling of the cowl (which is cozy and comfy) and yet since the circumference is smaller, no need to double wrap. My problem solved! So when I saw the free Asante pattern pop up on Ravelry, I wanted to make it right away. The Party of Five mini skein sets from SweetGeorgia just sealed the deal! So this was my December gift to myself--yarn to make this cowl, and I cast on right before Christmas. Fun, easy knitting that I finished up during bowl game marathon viewing on New Year's day! It feels good to have my first "following through on my intentions" finish of the year, too.

Yarn: SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted Party of Five (2 packs, 500 yards total, in the Goldigger colorway)
Needles: size 8 Knit Picks Harmony
Mods: skipped the tiny bit of ribbing detail so I could have a brainless knit!


5 comments:

Alicia said...

That looks perfectly sized and cozy!

Unknown said...

Perfect for leftover skeins!! Love the color choices.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's pretty! Looks cozy, too. Coincidentally, my first FO of the year is a cowl as well. :)

(Also, since the usual FO Friday suspects have gone MIA, I started a link-up on my blog. I'd be thrilled if you added a link back to your entry to get us started.)

Julie said...

what a fantastic cowl, and a great way to use those awesome party of 5 skeins!! Love the colours.

Lisa-24-7 said...

That is beautiful. I love those colors, nice and warm!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...