knit your library, vol. 1

Here we go, week one of the #knityourlibrary challenge! I have not one, but two works-in-progress that use patterns from my long-languishing library. Project number one is using a pattern from the needlecraft book you see above. I love to buy these books, and then promptly forget to look at them unless I'm trying to answer a technique question. For Christmas gifts, I crocheted an edging around fleece to add a handmade touch to an otherwise ho-hum fleece blanket. It was so satisfying and fun, I've decided to make more and use up my fleece stash! Below you see my progress on the first round of the picot scallop edging. I had already done a round of double crochet in blue, and now I'm holding two strands of Knit Picks Stroll Neon Brights in sour apple for the picot scallop edging.


And my second project? Can you detect the Seahawks theme? Yup, it's a Seahawks cowl, the foolproof cowl pattern I've owned for at least two years now but still haven't knit. Loving it so far!



2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I have several of those books too...Love the yarn in the second project! Although I don't follow football....if asked I would always say the Seahawks were my team...even before they won the Superbowl...which I watched most of, for the first time..

Caroline said...

Lovely projects!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...