moss stitch diamonds



One, soft and snuggly yellow baby blankie done. Hooray! I can finally check something off my "Crafts in Progress" list. I just finished my recycled sweater tote as well, but those photos are looking somewhat, um, orange. Granted, it is probably the most orange project I've ever made. But still. So I'll be re-shooting those!

Pattern: Moss Stitch Diamonds Baby Blanket, by Barbara Breiter
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, Pale Yellow (0322), 2 1/3 skeins (364 yds/skein)
El-cheapo yarn, but it's soft and machine washable = great for babies!

Barbara Breiter's website, http://www.knittingonthenet.com/, is awesome. Tons and tons of free stitch and project patterns, and most of them extremely do-able, even for a beginner like me. Great place to get ideas for blankets--baby, lap, or full-size. What's up next? I've reached the "I signed up for a craft fair in November, what am I going to sell?" panic stage. So I'm busily starting to crank out more bracelets and felted purses to that aim. I need to perfect my technique for blocking my purses in order to produce anything commerce-worthy though... right now they're a little lumpy! LOL. To be continued....

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...