one bag, two ways






Triangle, or traditional square-edged tote--take your pick! The "triangle" version is the result of folding in the top corners, which happened naturally as I was constructing this recycled sweater tote. (Recycled sweater crafting is surprisingly fun: find a fun wool sweater at a thrift shop, purposely felt it, and then use the material to sew into your object of choice. Martha makes stuffed animals, mittens, and more out of re-purposed and felted sweaters this way.) Originally I planned on adding a snap that would purposely close the bag into a triangle shape, but I never found any I liked enough to add. The fun heart on the corner? That's hiding the only blemish the sweater had--a hole that was badly sewn shut. Probably the only reason the sweater ended up in a thrift shop! The lining? I ended up opting for the orange rose pattern. I love how funky and fun this bag turned out, but it's orange overload for me. Into the craft fair pile she goes!


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...