baggin' it


(Really high-tech blocking materials here: plastic grocery bags)

I think I have finally stumbled across the recipe for creating a felted bag that I can be proud of. Ingredient #1: knitting a rectangle bottom as my first step. Ingredient #2: picking up stitches around the entirety of the bottom and then knitting the bag in the round. Ingredient #3: blocking the bag immediately upon removing it from the washing machine. Knitting an actual bottom for the bag improves the shape so much--previously I had been knitting large rectangles and sewing them in half (which didn't mesh well with my utter lack of proper seaming skills!). Those initial bags pale in comparison to this method. And I am embarassed to admit that I just didn't block my previous attempts at creating felted bags. It makes a world of difference! I'll never skip blocking again.



No wonky bits or bumps!



Next step: attach the handle and add cute ribbon as a final touch.

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...