lessons learned

So you can better understand my excitement over the success of my most recent felted bag, here is a quick history of my previous attempts at felting. Enjoy!


My first bag! Not so bad, eh? Knit in the round with an attached i-cord handle. The only problem? The contrasting yarn I chose to line the top felted at a faster rate than the rest of the bag, forcing me to stop the felting process before the stitches had fully disappeared.


And the bag's opening is a smidge cozy....


Second attempt: this time I seamed the bottom together ... which turned out a little wonky. Kind of apple-shaped, in fact. Oops!



Third attempt. I loooove these colors! This time I knit a bunch of rectangles and seamed them together. Not so bad--if I had blocked this guy, it would have turned out great!


Fourth attempt. This is the felted version of the "tote in progress." I still enjoy the switcharoo in dominant colors. But this yarn shrunk up much more than I expected.








And my seaming still leaves something to be desired.

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...