herringbone adventures



Size 3 dpns? MUCH better. Still a little loose, but it'll do. I never fully realized how much my gauge loosened up with ribbed knitting before! My new challenge? Yarn dominance. Notice that the pattern is haphazard/non-existent? Yeah ... I'm pretty sure that's due to yarn dominance. So I'll be ripping back one more time. The fact that my color choices don't have much contrast isn't helping the problem. Sigh. I chose to use size 6 dpns for the "body" of the mitten, and so far it fits, but is a bit snug. So I might try size 7 dpns when I start over ... we'll see. At least my floats look pretty!




No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...